Bussen Quarries believes in educating our local students on the importance of the entire mining industry to our everyday way of life. We are honored to open our doors to stress that importance and to teach our community about the everyday demand for not only our limestone but minerals in general. We have designed a tour brochure to help give you an idea of what you can expect on your quarry visit. We have also designed a tour packet for your students to print off and bring to the tour. It is our hope that this tour packet will help to keep the students engaged, promote interaction and most imprtantly....have more fun!
As a teacher, Bussen Quarries realizes you want to give your students as much information about mining and geology as possible before you enter Jefferson Barracks Quarry. We hope you find the educational documents below to be helpful.
Bussen Quarries is a member of the Missouri Limestone Producer Association. A terrific service offered by the MLPA is the Minerals in Education Foundation. This week long conference is held annually and helps educators learn new methods in teaching about geology and mining. The reviews are always excellent and we encourage you to click on www.mmef.org for more information.
- Find the minerals needed in your classroom (419 KB pdf)
- How do we use our land? (295 KB pdf)
- Our bodies are made up of minerals (320 KB pdf)
- Minerals needed per American since 1776 (1.9 MB pdf)
- Mineral crossword puzzle (295 KB pdf)
- Be amazed by the amount of mined materials needed per resident (108 KB pdf)
- Minerals help feed our plants (632 KB pdf)
- Discover all the minerals our states have to offer (10 KB pdf)
- The world must share natural resources (289 KB pdf)
- Learn about the minerals needed to build your home (70 KB pdf)
- Tour Packet (510 KB pdf)
- tour_brochure_pdf.pdf (993 KB pdf)